We need to make sure the students that come to UCC know what they are getting. Too frequently we hear about courses not being what students ‘expected’. Students retention and contentment with their course might be improved if they got a genuine perspective on the course they were taking up.
- Kick start an alternative Prospectus written for students by students.
- A true and accurate portrayal of UCC will give a more effective and better introduction to new students.
- Accurate finance information should be included, including information about how to apply for grants etc
- Within this should be an accurate account of how much each course costs. Inclusive of all fees and course materials.
- CAO brings you to the book of modules – UCC should be using a proper website for encouraging students onto each course
- The book of modules (or equivilant link) should be used to give an accurate reflection of student life in UCC.