I was a little skeptical at first, but when @ImSineadB actually did it for me – I couldn’t have been more impressed. You can tell I’m impressed cos this is my second food post today. The cake is tastey and moist and ready in a time scale that holds my attention. Who needs traditional baking??
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 portion of rasberrys*
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
(the recipe asks for vanilla – but we tried defrosted raspberries and they worked a treat – a big improvement!)
- Spray a medium microwave-safe bowl with non-stick spray and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk; blend together. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; blend into the mixture until smooth. Pour into greased bowl.
- Cover and cook in the microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Since all microwaves cook differently, adjust the cooking time to accommodate your machine. To serve, let the cake cool five minutes, then cover the bowl with a plate and turn both bowl and plate upside down so the cake falls onto the plate.